Friday, June 20, 2008

Garden City, UT

We have been doing a lot of running around and checking out things since we left Mission two months ago. I can't believe it has been two months already. By the time we finished Salt Lake City, I was getting a little bit tired and so we decided to find a place to "chill" for a week. We found it at Garden City, UT at the beautiful and huge Bear Lake.

It was a gray and cold day when we arrived, but believe me, the colors of the water are beautiful when the sun shines on the lake. There is really not much to do around here other then boating and fishing, just the place I was looking for. We did one day of checking things out and found a beautiful temple in Paris, ID


and some beautiful scenic views. I just can't get enough of snow covered mountains.

We went on to Soda Springs to check out the only contained hot springs that they release once an hour on the hour. However, the valve has to work in order for the water to come out and guess what, it did not.


The "Dinkey Engine" was cute and somewhat made up for the nonfunctional hot springs. I have a feeling we will see bigger ones at Yellowstone National Park.

0 comments: