Monday, May 26, 2008

Four Corners

Well, I had this romantic notion about "Four Corners" being in a forest with a nice little sign marking the spot. Don't ask me where I come up with this stuff, but be assured it was not like that at all. We had a nice drive from Aztec northwest and first drove by "Shiprock", a pretty tall mountain in a fairly flat area. It looked from the road that we should get there, but thatt was an illusion.

So we just kept going towards "Four Corners". I am proud to say that my left foot was in Colorado, my right foot in Utah, my right hand in Arizona and my left hand never left New Mexico.


The monument is actually on Indian land and there was plenty of Indian art for sale.

We continued on the highway to Durango to pick up some information on the railroad and went back home.

0 comments: