Sunday, May 4, 2008

Alamogordo, NM

We arrived in Alamogordo last Tuesday after a nice drive over the mountains in to this big valley and settled in at Oliver Lee State Park. The spot was a little bit tight for us, but it was the second largest spot in the campground. Again, we do not have sewer hookup, which means I am cooking as much as possible out of one pot for dinner and we use paper plates and plastic silverware. We are lucky that in both campgrounds the showers were clean and big, since we don't take showers in the rig, when we are staying somewhere for seven days and have no sewer hookups. It worked out well at Brantley Lake State Park, so we thought that we can do this again. People, after 1 1/2 weeks I was getting tired of watching every drop of water that is running down the drain and on Friday morning we packed up and moved 20 miles to a campground. I guess, I am not made for "roughing" it. I like to know that I can use as much water as I need to, use my normal dishes and have the laundromat in walking distance. I don't mind being without sewer for about 3 days, but that is enough for me. Another experience made on our journey.

It did not stop us from exploring the area and so on Wednesday we went to the New Mexico Museum of Space History, which turned out to actually be pretty interesting.


0 comments: