Sunday, March 7, 2010

Time flies when you are busy

I can't believe it has been two weeks since I last posted on our blog. First of all, Doug is doing much better by now. He needs very little pain medication by now, mostly after we have been exercising. The staples came out last week and he has been put on a more rigorous exercise schedule until he can start physical therapy in two weeks. The sling will come of permanently on Monday (he has had it off a few time already) and he is able to get himself dressed in jeans and shirts by now. Say goodbye to the sweatpants!!! Now we just need to get the arm moving a lot so that it does not stiffen up.

Since his surgery I have been pretty busy myself, being a chauffeur, going grocery shopping (which I hate with a passion), emptying the septic tank and pretty much doing everything that needs to be done with your hands. A big thank you to Skip and the propane guy who helped me put the big propane tank back in its holder. The tank apparently weighs about 80 lbs when full and that is to much weight for me to lift.

The other day I was working again in the big red truck. All the cupboard doors in the sleeper area open and close as they should now and I got the cup holder tray on the dashboard mounted again. It was a little bit difficult, since it is a tight fit, but I did not realize that I was actually being photographed while laying under the dashboard.

Thank you so much Linda, at least I have prove that I am working!!

When we bought the red truck we knew that we had to come up with a solution for storing all our tools in the truck. The nice big toolboxes that they sell for the back of the truck are just not in our budget right now and so we came up with a different solution. Since we have a very big basement and really have not utilized it very well, we decided to get an eight drawer Craftsman toolbox to store the smaller tools in it.

For the bigger tools and other stuff we got two 36"x24"x24" toolboxes installed on each side of the truck behind the rear tires.

Once the truck has been at the Volvo dealer to get the computer worked on we will fill up these compartments and I should be able to get my coach house back. We will be leaving shortly of course, but it will be ready for me when we get back after the summer.

Well, if everything goes well the F550 will be sold tomorrow. So we gave the truck one more bath today and hope that everything goes well tomorrow. Till next time ....

3 comments:

Mike McFall said...

Congratulations on the sale of the 550! The tool box and the boxes on the truck look nice.....Miss seeing you all...

All Because Two People Fell In Love said...

Glad to hear Doug is on the mend. Wonderful news on the sale. I pointed out to Rollie that I loved your new tool boxes. I was thinking he could add some for extra storage, only he wants to put water tank on one side and black tank on the other. Hugs to you both...Gina :)

Barbara said...

hi sissym what kind of surgery did Doug have - send me a mail - these tool boxes really look impressive, Dad will love it
hugs and kisses to u both