Sunday, March 21, 2010

Moving right along!

I can't believe that it has been two weeks since I last posted. Between working with Doug's shoulder and getting slowly ready to leave here, it has been busy. The doctor's visits have been going good and we finally got the approval to start physical therapy last Wednesday. The scar has been healing up nicely and now starts the mobility therapy. It sure is different than the therapy for the right shoulder. He is now scheduled to have mobility training for four weeks and then four weeks of strength training. However, we are supposed to leave here in four weeks. We will see what happens. I still take it day by day. He had his first physical therapy session on Friday and let me tell you, they really gave him a good workout. Unfortunately, there is some stiffness in the shoulder, which means he is missing some range in motion, but they feel that it can be worked out in time. I am not allowed to work with him this weekend, since they aggravated the shoulder enough on Friday, but hopefully that will change next week.

In the meantime, Doug has worked on the inside of the truck to get it comfortable for him whenever we do leave here. Today we decided to work a little bit on the outside. Can you tell what is missing in these two pictures??

It is the rust that used to be on the two main rails. I got out there with a grinder this morning, getting all the rust and pitted paint off and Doug did a really nice job painting it. It is actually so shiny that the red from the cab reflected in the rails. I am very happy with the way it turned out.

Last Thursday we decided to work on the tire pressure for the rig and truck tires. This is a standard procedure before you get rolling in the spring. I'm glad we are doing it early this year, since on the last tire the tire stem broke off when I tried to attach the air hose. OOPS!!!!. Come to find out it really is not such a big deal if it happens when you are standing still. I moved the kitchen slide in, Doug raised the trailer up, Grant (our sweet neighbor) loosened the bolts for me, I took of the tire and off to a tire store we went to get a new stem installed. It took all but 10 minutes for them to have the tire fixed, we put it back on the rig, filled it to the correct air pressure, re-leveled the rig, opened the slide back up and were done. I rather have a tire go down while we are sitting still than on the road.

Last Wednesday was St. Patrick's Day and I decided to participate in the "parade". It is a fairly small parade around the block, but it was still a lot of fun.

Donna and Grant hosted a delicious St. Patrick's Day dinner with corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots and onions and everybody had a great time. We had a great turnout with 94 people showing up. I had no idea that there was that many of us left.

So as you can see we are keeping busy and there are still a lot of things on our to-do list until we can leave. Till next time ....

0 comments: