Saturday, January 31, 2009

River Cruise on the Rio Grande River

Before I tell you guys about the trip I have to give a quick "thank you" shout out to Kathy, who owns a lot here at Retama Village. For a while I have been told by some people that we did not update our side picture with the Teton and I did not like the way the top picture turned out either. Well, she has this cool program called "Paintshop", which is very similar to "Photoshop", which I used to use at work and now working on pictures has become a lot easier. Thank you so much Kathy!!

Well, we got lucky on Tuesday and the weather was just perfect for a boat ride.

So us and about 40 other people from Retama Village left for an one hour cruise up and down the river. We got to see some turtles sunbathing and some interesting birds. Some of the trees and overgrow reminded me of South Carolina's Spanish moss and then we got to see two immigration boats checking out something on the US side of the river.


I have to admit that I really did not see any differences between the US and the Mexican side, but I'm not sure what I really expected. Here are some pictures of the Mexican side.


We turned around at the dam and we got to see some of the new border wall being built right here in the valley.

All in all it was a nice boat tour and we had lunch at the river afterwards.

0 comments: