Friday, January 23, 2009

Update

Well, two weeks have pasted again and not much new stuff to report. The drastic temperature change of about 40 degrees between morning and afternoon has finally gotten to me and I am inside with a cold. It is slightly annoying to have the sniffles when it is 80 degrees outside, but I am sure I will get over it soon.

We have been doing some little stuff, like Doug inflating the tires of the rig today and I finally finishing up the rearranging of all the cupboards. Our diet is still going strong and the pounds are coming of slowly but consistently. I read somewhere that slow weight loss is a good thing, now I have to learn patience (not my strongest trade).

We finally decided not to buy a bigger truck and just get a stronger hitch. Doug did all the research and we ordered it end of last month. It took the company three weeks to finally ship it. It seems like just another sign of the time of companies struggling to deliver in a timely fashion. I was getting upset, but by now the hitch shipped and should be here by Monday. Hopefully, it will make driving the truck with the rig hooked up more comfortable. So there will be some minor excitement here next week and we also have a boat trip scheduled for Tuesday with our friends from Retama Village. I will make sure to take some pictures so that I have actually something to report. Until then ...

0 comments: