Monday, March 30, 2009

It is Done!

Our blog is done changing. It started with my lasted idea of additional revenue. I wanted to add a left sidebar to the blog so that I could display the new page element nicely. How hard can it be to change a layout??? Well, it is a lot harder than you would think. I looked at the HTML code for about an hour and even though I can identify the page elements in it, that does not mean I know how to change or add one.

A friend of mine had given me the link to a web page maker. Now when any program asks you to install something and your spyware program says "be careful", listen to your spyware program. It took me 24 hours to undo what had all installed on my hard drive and my computer at one point did not even want to start anymore. So I became more careful and searched blogger websites for a template that would look nice. I found the first one, installed it on the our site to find out after recreating all the features of the two sidebars that the background motive was now covered up by the left sidebar. To make a long story short, it took me six hours to get our website to look good again. The experience gave me a few new gray hairs and a newly found respect for the people that create all these templates that work so easily when it is all setup for you already.

It is good to have friends. The website was finally done again and I told my girlfriend to go and check it out. She looked at the website, left a nice little comment and nothing happened with my new page element. The lesson of that day was that you have to actually interact with the page element for it to have any effect. I have seen the same kind of page element on other peoples sites and I will make it a point to interact with them to recognize the effort that the author has put into making the page element.

When traveling in a RV it seems that birthdays and anniversaries are just not that big of a deal anymore. Well, I just had by 49th (watch out for the big one next year!!!) on Friday and we had a great day. Doug and I went to the opening of an animated movie matinee in the afternoon and we went out for dinner with three of our neighbors. We had a great time and Donna served us sugar-free popsicle for desert at their site. We sat around talking till almost 8 pm. It is nice to have good friends.

Well, we have been here since the end of October 2008 and it is time to get moving again. Time really flew this season and we are a little slow in getting our butts in gear, but we should be off by the middle of the month. That means that the posts should come more frequently. Our first adventure will be "digging for diamonds" in Arkansas. I can start see myself in a pile of dirt digging like crazy and Doug looking at me in total disbelieve. I just know that it will be totally cool. See you all later!

0 comments: