Monday, April 18, 2011

North Ranch

This place is beautiful!! For you guys that have not been here yet, you have to put it on your list of parks to visit. It is so peaceful and relaxing here, it was just what I needed.

We arrived here on Saturday with a truck that was overheating and spitting a little bit of oil. Luckily Mike and Pat's RV lot is totally easy to back into and we all started looking for the oil leak. Luckily it was just the cap that had come loose and the truck cooled down again. It is so good to see Mike and Pat again. We got our hugs and then they left us alone to set up. We met up again with them and Tom and Sally for happy hour and had a great time catching up. Pat invited us for dinner and we had hamburgers, Pat's famous cauliflower casserole, Sally made fried potatoes and brought a green salad. Dinner was sooo good and I sure was glad that I did not have to cook that night. We got back to the rig about 8 pm and I was in bed within the next 30 minutes.

We had been traveling for a few days now and I am having problems with the all the time changes we are going through. So be the time we got here I was pretty burned out. I have to say after three days here I am refreshed and ready to go again. Here are some pictures of the beautiful cactus on Mike and Pat's lot.

We spend the last couple of days doing laundry, stocking up the fridge again, having happy hours and just plain relaxing. Now I am ready to tackle the next 1350 miles that we have left to go to get to Vancouver.

Mike and Pat, thank you so much for all you guys did for us!!!



3 comments:

Mike McFall said...

Glad to have you guys,, Hope you enjoyed our little place way out in the desert. Travel safe and good luck on your adventure... With you guy's talent and willingnes to work, you will do fine! Keep in touch, God Bless!!

Pat & Mike said...

You're welcome. We're glad you enjoyed your stay here at North Ranch, even if it was short. It's one of our favorite places on Earth. Be safe and keep us posted on your travels.
Big Hugs... Pat & Mike

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! I just looked over the last 2 new pic sets - gorgeous - I wish I could c this live and touch these rocks - sooooo geil!!!! aber der Schnee ist der Hammer, bei uns bricht grad der Mai aus mit 24oC! did u c the last picalbum 4u?
love ya' ***