Sunday, March 6, 2011

What's New??

I can't believe that it has been almost three weeks since I last posted, but as you all know, not to many things happen when we are down here. We went to South Padre Island Friday a week ago and had a great time. It was a beautiful day and I wanted to go kite flying. We went to a big flee market in the convention center first and checked out the progress of the nature walk. There is always interesting wild life to watch.


The crocodile seemed to still to be alive, but I was assured that it is real.

Next we drove further down the island to the sand beach, so I could go fly my kite. I knew that there was not that much wind and I sure was taught a different way to fly a kite than Doug was, however, I don't give up that easy. After about 5 minuted Doug went back to the car as I kept running up and down the dunes trying to get my kite to fly. To my poor husband's disbelieve I was out there for about 45 minutes before I gave up and I have to say I had a great time feeling the sand between my toes and just enjoyed being at the beach. We ended the afternoon with a great lunch at "Dirty Al's" and went back home.

Saturday was the Chili Cookout at the clubhouse and there sure was some really good chili. We enjoyed spending time with our friends.

Last Thursday we got invited by Sue and Dave to dinner and check out there beautiful new grill. We had a blast. The Cornish hen (which I never had before) was delicious, so was the spinach salad and potatoes. As much as I like our group getting together six times a week, it sure is nice to visit with just one couple and spend an evening with good food and great conversation. Time sure is going by very fast this season and we should be leaving here in about 5 weeks.

0 comments: