Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Another Big Job Done!!!!

You might remember that we replaced the gasket on the dining room side last summer while we were in Iowa. Unfortunately we realized to late that the gasket on top of the slide is a different type then the gasket for the sides. Since we had no choice at the time, we installed the same gasket all the way around the slide.

Since we are now sitting still in South Texas, we ordered the correct gasket and decided on Monday to install it. The cold is coming and we figured that we can recuperate from this big job for the next few days. Taking the wrong gasket off was fairly easy and was done in about 15 minutes. Then started the hard part. The flap on the new gasket is a lot longer and it is harder to slide the material between the slide and the top wall of the rig to clip in the gasket.



It took as a good three hours to install the 16 feet of gasket, but I am happy to say it is done. Now I can tend to my "wounds".

Since the slot to install the gasket is very narrow, my knuckles as well as my elbows gave some skin for the cause. As Larry said with a grin on his face "Your hide gets thinner when you get older and it comes of easier". I guess I am getting older!!

0 comments: