Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter Everybody!

Another week has passed and we are getting closer to our leaving date. At this point we are thinking about heading out by the end of next week. A lot of people from the RV park next door as well as people from our community have been heading out since the end of March.

We were sitting at happy hour the other day and the guys were talking about the "Big Foot System", which we are getting installed this spring before we are heading west. It costs a lot of money, but it should be making our life a lot easier at setup and leveling. Larry was telling Doug about what could be a weakness at installation and what to look for. Well, I am always interested in these things so I had to stick my nose into the show and tell session. After looking at their rig and our rig to see where and how the system would be installed I finally decided to ask Doug the question that has been bothering me for a while now. If you look at Larry's system you see a round tube with a good size diameter, which I believe is the shock absorber. On our rig there is a square tube, which is bigger then the round tube on Larry's rig, so I never understood why we would change to a smaller size leg. I asked Doug, of course get that look of "What are you talking about?" and then got my lesson. Apparently, the square tube on our rig housed the shock absorber that lifts and levels our rig and there was a place where you could see the actual size of the shock absorber. I wish I would have not looked, since this tube is maybe a fourth of the size than Larry's (about the thickness of my thumb) and these little tubes are holding up our heavy rig. Sometimes inquiring minds should not know and I am glad when we get our "Big Foot System".

We are slowly getting our things together for leaving. How can you tell that an RVer is leaving? They unpack all the stuff that they have stored in the basement and spread it out all over the lot. Then you go through all the storage bins, sort out what stays behind and what goes with us and repack everything. It looks so nice right now, it will not look like that in about three months. At least by now we know better what we use during the year and don't carry as much useless weight with us.

I am getting back into the habit of posting on Sunday's and it should continue until we are back here sometime in the fall. So start stopping by more often and follow us on our adventure this year. It should be a good one, starting with my diamond digging adventure in Arkansas.

1 comments:

Mike McFall said...

Its NOT a shock absorber,,,its a Hydralic Cylinder!!!! Good grief Gal, where did you get your mechanical degree???
NOW,,,you know I like to give you a bad time!!!LOL
GLAD your gona post MORE!!! I get so tired of clicking back and find no NEW post!!!
Thank You guys for following mine...

See ya next year at Retama if not sooner somewhere!!!

Hugs
ekiM