Sunday, March 1, 2009

South Padre Island

Last Sunday was a great day!. It had rained pretty much all day Saturday and by Sunday morning the sun finally came back out and there was a nice breeze going. A perfect day to go to South Padre Island and "Go Fly a Kite". I love to tell my husband that :-). First we went down a birding path by the convention center and saw some neat birds and swarm of fishes.

So after checking out the local wildlife we went on to go to the beach to fly our kite. I just love the beach and watching the waves. The wind was perfect and Doug did a great job handling the kite.


He was able to hold the kite in the wind about 10 feet of the ground. It was pretty cool to watch. I tried to hold on to the kite for a bit, but my arms got tired quickly and the wind really was tugging hard on the kite. I rather check out the sand dunes for some awesome pictures. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.


0 comments: