Saturday, April 23, 2011

Viva Las Vegas!

Before I tell you about Las Vegas, I have to show you guys the Joshua Tree. I never heard of it, but we saw a whole bunch of them on our way to Las Vegas.

Our trip to Las Vegas was fairly uneventful, until we got onto IH 515. You are supposed to exit right to IH 15 North, but of course I ended up in the lane to IH 15 South towards Los Angeles. Luckily the truck behind me realized what I did and let me back in the correct lane. Once we arrived at the campground Doug just grinned and asked me if I had different plans (very funny, NOT).

We got settled in and started exploring the town. It is amazing how much it has changed since we had been here 10 years ago and there was a ton of people. We went to the Belagio, since Doug wanted to see their water display. The place is just amazing and the water show with music was pretty awesome.



We got to see two different performances and they were very worthwhile watching.

The next day we went to the Pinball Hall of Fame. We both grew up on playing pinball and I can not believe just how many different kind of pinball machines from very old ones to the newest ones they have. We actually played for 2 1/2 hours and had a blast


The El Dorado pinball machine is special to Doug, since his brother actually owns one of them. Here are a couple of more pictures from Las Vegas.


We left Las Vegas yesterday and moved north to see Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park next. It sure is a lot colder up here. The temperature this morning was 45 degrees, which made me put the flannel sheets back on the bed. I am sure looking forward to seeing Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park next week.

0 comments: