Tuesday, March 22, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Parade

As usual, I am a little bit late posting, but better late than never! Last Thursday we had our traditional St. Patrick's Day parade at Retama Village. This time I was asked to be the official photographer and I had fun doing that. I took 85 pictures all together, but I will spare you and just show you a few of them.




The parade was a lot of fun and the dinner afterwards was delightful. Donna and Grant sure know how to put on a great St. Patrick's Day feast.

You might remember that we had a really hard winter this year with temperatures way below freezing. The sun eventually came back, but my roses sure did not look so good. So about two weeks ago it really started getting warm, well actually almost hot, again and it seems my roses have defrosted finally.

Unfortunately, my pansies are not doing so well any more with the sun beating on them all day, but since we are leaving here pretty soon, I am not upset over it. I will have to pull them before we leave anyway, since they will die in the summer heat and then they will look just ugly. So much for now and I will post at least one more time before we leave here beginning of next month.

0 comments: