Friday, December 25, 2009

.. and a merry Christmas to all!!

It could not be a better Christmas for me to be at home with my husband and my parents. In Germany Christmas is celebrated in the evening of the 24th of December. The tree was always decorated by my father behind closed doors in the living room and at 6 pm a little bell would ring, my sister and I would play a Christmas song on our retainers, the door would open and you looked at this beautiful live tree with real candles. I have always missed the real candles on the tree in the States. This year I got the honor of lighting the candles on the tree.

To me there is nothing more beautiful and serene than the lit candles on a Christmas tree and some good Christmas music on the radio. Unfortunately it is hard to see the candles lit when the flash goes of.

And here are my dad, my mom and of course my dear hubby. Live it very good to me right now!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you Doug, you Mom and Dad!!! WOW! Those pictures are awsome.. I love that tree, you can see the candles no problem. The town looks just a beautiful as you described to me.
Have a great holiday back home.
Lisa, Andy and Cheyenne

Pat and Mike said...

Merry Christmas Doug, Jutta and Family. Nice pictures. Have FUN!! We miss you.
Hugs..........