Sunday, November 29, 2009

Unwelcomed Guest!!!

Throughout our travels we have encountered all kinds of animals and you will find all kinds of critters in campgrounds. However, if I don't see one of these ever again, I will be happy!

It was Saturday night, the dishes were done and I was taking out the trash to the trashcan behind the coach house. As I worked towards the trashcan I saw something dark out of the corner of my eye down on the ground. As I walked back to the door I realized that it was a HUGE spider. Now I have seen spiders before, even killed a couple of small ones when I had to, but this things was HUGE.

I know it does not look that big in the picture, but there was no way I was getting any closer to the monster. Doug trapped it for the night, since we were not sure what it was. Well, come to find out, it is a tarantula.

The tarantula was the talk of the town for about an hour and then Doug took it out into an empty field and let it go. There sure is never a dull moment around here. The lesson to be learned was that next time the trash can definitely wait until morning, since I will not go out at dark again any time soon.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOLY COW!!!!! Let's put it this way, you would never see me run that fast!!!!! You sounded pretty calm.. THAT IS A HUGE UGLY spider! YUCK!! Well lets just say I have the creaps now! UGH.
Lisa