Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

I know I am a little bit late, but time really seems to be flying down here this time. We spend some time up the clubhouse with our friends on New Year's Eve and otherwise had a pretty calm transition into the New Year. We enjoyed our traditional prime rib roast on New Year's Day and I got to say, this rig truly feels like our home by now. My oven works correctly and there are just so many things that make life more comfortable in this 5th wheel.

I talked two months ago about writing a blog "A year in review". I have changed my mind at this point, since there are so many small things that were special, but hard to put into words back then, and I still don't know how to put them in words now.

One thing that has amazed throughout this year is my husband's ability to find a hometown racetrack with Friday or Saturday night races of the local car race teams. We have enjoyed these evenings a lot.

Another thing that sticks in my mind was seeing a lot of closed stores or businesses going out of business as we were driving through Tennessee at the end of 2007 and wondering what was happening. Who would have thought that this was just the beginning of what was to come in 2008.

But, there was also a lot of things that I saw along the way that brought a smile to my face, like a cute lawn ornament of a boy sitting on a bridge fishing in a small pond on a Minnesota road as we were driving by.

There were so many of these little things, it is impossible to mention them all. All I can say is that we had a great year, saw a lot of things and I am sure we will see a lot more amazing places this year.

1 comments:

Mike and Pat McFall said...

Good job Jutta! Glad you are enjoying your new Teton Home but, you still have a picture of your old home on here. (-:

Happy New Year to you, too. Hope we see a little more of you before we leave.

Hugs.......Pat