Saturday, May 19, 2012

Moving right along!!

I know it has been a while since I last posted (thanks Dad I knew that already), but if you get up at 4:45 am, work all day and go to bed at 9 pm, there is really not much going on during the week.

For the last seven weeks it has been beautiful on the weekends and I have spent a lot of time outside pulling weeds and taking out a whole bunch of shrubs, so the guys won't have a problem when the siding gets replaced. Here are the before and after effect.

Before:

After
It took me two weekends to cut them up and take the roots out, but it is done.

Now on to our bigger projects. The weather finally has been nice enough during the week so that we could get the roof started. I was amazed that it took them only one day to take the whole roof down and lay the tar paper.

Here they are working on fixing the water damage on the chimney, since they did not build a cricket when they installed the first roof.
Moving right along ....
Almost done ......
This picture is for my Dad so he can see the cricket that they build by the chimney. Looks like a little roof to me :-)
So it is Saturday evening now and the roof is done. Next big project is the new siding, which will start on Monday. Stay tuned .....

0 comments: