Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Back Home in Mission!

We arrived back in Mission on Monday afternoon. It was hot, Doug fought head winds all the way down from Sattler, but I am glad we made it and are sitting still for a while now. The last three weeks have been crazy, so let me fill you in on what has happened.

First we were at the HDT rally in Hutchinson. It turned out to be a great rally with a pretty good turn out. I actually enjoyed the ladies outing that Thursday and as always the lunch was really good.

At one of the seminars, and there was a lot of them, one of the vendors brought this cool looking truck. Isn't it a beauty!!!

Friday came around and I was really excited, since we would finally get into the main picture without having to wait. I actually drove the truck to the meeting spot and parked it.

I think it is a pretty impressive picture to see all these big trucks come together for a week of fun and seminars. Here are some more pictures of some of our friends that were at the rally.




We left Hutchinson on Sunday and went 340 miles to Thackerville, OK. I love my new car so much!! Got into Thackerville without even feeling tired and went for a two day gambling session, since this is our last time gambling until we leave Texas in the spring.

Our next stop was Poolville, TX to go see 2L Custom Trucks for a quote on getting the truck repainted. It is not like it really needs it, but by now the front passenger fender has changed color and it is really annoying me. We actually got quoted a price that did not give me a heart attack.

We moved on the next day to go see Doug's dad and family in Austin, TX. I don't know what it is, but every time we go to Austin, we can't find room at a campground near by. So we decided to go down Route 281 to Johnson City and stay at a campground there. It was a straight shot from there to Austin. We will never (ever) do that again. I thought Route 281 was a four lane highway pretty much all the way down and I was sooooo wrong. Between it being a 2 lane highway most of the time and the steep hills up and down, our fuel mileage was lousy and Doug was not a happy trooper anymore. I thought it might be a pretty drive through the hill country, but I was wrong. We will not make this mistake again, but at least we had a nice dinner with Doug's dad, Vee and Jonathan.

Friday we moved on to our favorite campground in Sattler and rested up for next three days and went to our favorite German restaurant in New Braunfels, TX. I am glad to report that the food is still as good as we remembered. We wanted to go to Wurstfest, but unfortunately it is still a week away and we did not feel like staying at the campground for a week, when our lot in Mission is only 265 miles away. So on Monday we packed up for hopefully the last time this year and went back to Mission.

0 comments: