Saturday, November 14, 2009

Time flies when you are having fun ....

..... or a really BIG to-do list. I did not realize how long it has been since the last post until my girlfriend from NJ asked me what we were up to!! So much has happened, I don't even know where to start anymore. We got the truck back about a week after it was dropped off and the hitch was installed and the truck was shortened about 12 inches.


Does it not look nice!!. The hitch has three airbags and since the truck also has its own airbags, it should make the ride for Doug a lot more comfortable. The next step was to line up the rig with the truck, since you want to be pretty level when you are driving down the road. The tape measure came out, the guys started debating the subject (there is always help on hand, which is really nice!!) and we knew that the kingpin had to be extended. I always thought that I was fairly strong, but to loosen those bolts took two guys. Here are some pictures of the process and what it will look like when we are hooked up.

We did not hookup all the way, since we don't have the brake controller yet that will activate the brakes on the rig, but I think it is going to look very nice. The next step for Doug was working on the ABS system and it has turned out to be a really challenge. After trying out things for about two days he decided that we do need a new ABS controller, since we don't have six wheels anymore and the computer is looking for them. The Volvo dealer wanted $1000 for it and Doug found it on E-bay for $400. I just love my husband!!!

Now I have been pretty busy also, starting with finally getting the rig washed from top to bottom. That alone is a three day job and all I got left to do is the windows (which I hate doing). Some things just never change and sometimes I think we have more windows in the rig than we had in the house. There is actually 14 windows in the rig!!!! Well, next step was shampooing the carpets, which really needed it. Since I have my steam vacuum here from the storage unit, it really was not bad at all. It is amazing how much dirt and sand a carpet can hold.

It took a while this year, but the butterflies have finally returned to Retama Village.


I just love watching butterflies.

I am proud to report that all the boxes (except the one with the Christmas Stuff) have been emptied and stored away. It took a while to make a walking path through the coach house, but I even managed to get that done by now. All the pictures have been hung up and all our memento's, that we used to have in our entertainment unit in NJ, are out again. It really starts feeling like home.




So as you can see, we have been pretty productive and the to-do list is still going on. But at least I found time to plant a couple of flowers in the holiday spirit.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! Jutta, that coach house looks fantastic!!! you guys have been really really busy... Oh Doug the rig looks good too. Lisa