Monday, May 11, 2009

Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum

Since we are stuck in Elkhart for a while, we decided to get out for the day and Doug was very much impressed with this car museum in Auburn, when he saw it a long time ago. I am not much of a car person, but I always like a nice drive in the country. It was cold and rainy on Saturday morning, so it seemed like the perfect day to go to a museum.

The Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum just blew me away. Check out my new dream car.

Now this is a sharp looking car! Apparently, I will never be able to afford, but luckily dreams are still for free. We have been in a few "car museum", which normally means a lot of old clunkers in an old building, but this was totally different. These cars are in mint condition and you are not even allowed to touch them. I was so impressed with all these awesome looking cars, I would definitely recommend coming here, if you are in the area. Here are some more cool looking cars.



On they way home we drove by Shipshewana, but unfortunately everything closed at 5 pm. We will go back there tomorrow when the flea market is open. We have seen Amish buggy's in Pennsylvania, but never so many on the road at one time. There had to be an event going on somewhere, since there were buggy's all over the place. We will investigate tomorrow.

0 comments: