Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where are we?

Well, it has been a while since I have posted, but it is not all my fault. We left Bowler, WI Tuesday a week ago and started headed south, since it is starting to be cold in the mornings and evenings. It is unnatural for me anymore to have to wear a sweater, so we will be like the birds and move south.

It took us two days to get to the Amana Colonies in Iowa, which turned out to be a really nice settlement of some German heritage building. We found very good food and also an interesting woolen mill. We have been working on setting up the inside of the rig, like mounting the coffee maker, the shower caddy and so one, since the weather has not been the greatest. We felt the remnants of hurricane Gustav all day Thursday with heavy rain. The campground was built to be a fairground, so we are not on cement slabs, but the rain got soaked up by the ground fairly fast. We are starting to make this Teton Homes our home and I am happy as pie. I just love doing laundry whenever I feel like it and there is so many small things in this rig that make living so much easier then it was in the Excel. Don't get me wrong, we loved our Excel and it is a good rig, but our needs have changed during the last year and this rig just fits us better. The only drawback is having to be more careful in finding a spot to park.

On Sunday I had all my work done and sat down to write our blog, as I do most of the time on Sunday afternoon. Well, my computer decided that this what not to be done and just shut down on his own to never turn on again. You can imaging my mood for the rest of the afternoon. We figured out that it was not the hard drive, so Monday, in pouring rain again we went to Coralville to get a new computer for me. I looked at all the laptops, showed Doug the ones that looked good to me and he decided which one was sufficient for my needs. We found a really nice laptop and Geek Squad was nice enough to tell us how to be able to take the stuff from my old hard drive to the new one. I have been working on this for the last three days.

We received a very sweet note from Mike McFall and I started feeling guilty about not having posted in so long. Sorry guys, it just could not happen, since I had to setup the computer first. Last night Doug found out through the Escapees forum that Teton Homes has closed their doors. We were stun!!!!!. We have had to do some minor fixes ourselves already and I am just praying that nothing major will happen. We have been in the rig for two weeks now and I would think that if there was something major wrong, we would have found it by now. I just love this rig. Setting up has been so much easier and we don't have problems anymore getting level at setup.

We are right now in Maysville, MO and will stay here for a week. Again we managed to end up in extended network and Internet is limited. We will attend the MTD and HTD in Hutchinson, KS beginning of next month and I am so looking forward to seeing all our friends again at the rally. After that we will start heading south towards Mission. Maybe we will stay a week in San Antonio, TX, since we never checked it out, before we head all the way south. It looks like hurricane Ike is going to miss us, which is a good thing.

0 comments: