Sunday, July 6, 2008

Yellowstone Nationl Park Part 2

Today we took the southern route of Yellowstone National Park to see Old Faithful. There are so many geysers to see before you ever get there, it is amazing. I prefer the clear blue colored ones, but the mud geysers have their own appeal.





At last we arrived at Old Faithful, which I believe is the only geysers that has an internal clock and can be watched once an hour within 10 minutes. We arrived 20 minutes before the explosion and there was no more seating available, standing room only. It was definitely worth the wait. I was so impressed, I just kept clicking away for about two minutes to get as many shots as I could. Most of them will be on our picture website later.


So we kept driving the southern route as it started to pour rain and hail for about 5 minutes. I felt to bad for all the bikers that could not find cover. We decided to stop at Artist point and wait out the rain. I was not thrilled, since I thought it would just be another victim shop, but I was so wrong.

The shapes and colors of the rocks were just so impressive. They call the it the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone for a good reason.





Just when you think you have seen every thing you want to see, something else is around the corner.

And of course, this time I got my fill of wildlife close up.

0 comments: